(1) The Metropolitan Ervin Szabó Library (hereafter referred to as the library) is a public library: its services may be available for anyone who respects the Rules for use.
(2) The basic services available on the spot are free of charge.
(3) The regulations are uniformly valid for all the areas where services are provided.
(4) The library is supposed to inform the visitors on the opening hours. The library is closed on public holidays. The branch libraries operate with limited opening hours or may close in summer considering the conditions of operation. In case of ad hoc closing hours, the order of services are regulated as directed by the director general. The operator of the library (director general) may decide on closing it for other reasons, too. The opening hours of the branch libraries can be found in Supplement No.5.
(5) The use of the cloakroom or the locker is compulsory in those branch libraries where it is available, and it is free of charge. The institution is responsible for the damages of the objects left there. The library takes the responsibility only of the objects the visitors usually take with them to a library.
(6) The library charges damages and extra costs for the lost cloakroom tickets and keys. Extra costs for the procedure are charged for opening the lockers at a reader’s request (in the case of lost keys, forgetting the PIN-code). Records must be kept of such events. Information about fees can be found in Chart X of Appendix No.6.
(7) Readers leaving the library should show the contents of their bags on request.
(8) Smoking as well as the consumption of alcoholic drinks and drugs is forbidden in any part of the library. Eating is allowed only in the designated areas.
(9) The norms of behaviour in a community have to be observed. The director of the branch is entitled to restrict the rights to use the library on the given day of service for those who breach the rules. The director general is entitled to decide on long restriction of use on the written initiative of the director of the Central Library or region directors. The user is informed about the decision.
(10) In the case of deliberate damage to library properties (buildings, documents), the reader’s right to use the services can be suspended immediately by the head of the branch library. The director general is entitled to withdraw the rights to use the library (for more than one day) from those who breach the regulations seriously. It is done on the written initiative of the director of the Central Library or the region directors.
(11) You can turn to the director of the branch library and the director general with your remarks, complaints and motions for the amendment of the Rules for Use either personally or by the "book of readers' comments".
(12) The legal provisions concerning the management and use of the library are listed in Appendix No.1.
II Rules for use – How to use the library
(1) Membership, registration, admission procedure
1.1 Registered library users and users who have a membership card belong to the the community of library users; the circle of members involves natural persons as well as legal ones who take registration and admission personally.
1.2.1 Registration: registration includes recording the user’s personal data; it is done personally.
1.2.2 It is free of charge for all those natural persons as well as legal ones who accept Rules for use.
1.2.3 At registration the library makes a registration card that authorizes the reader to use all the branch libraries. It has to be validated in each library where you want to use services. It is valid for 12 months and cannot be transfered. Fee of procedure can be found in item B. / I. chart of Appendix No.6.
1.2.4 Those registered readers are exempted from fee of procedure who are exempted also from admission fee.
1.2.5 For registered readers the basic services are available.
1.3 Admission / Membership: Reader’s card received at admission for a fee (that is your library membership card) authorizes the reader to use more library services besides the basic services.
1.3.1 At admission, users' particulars are registered.
1.3.2 The library card is valid for 3, 6 or 12 months.
1.3.3 At registration / admission the library makes a reader's card that authorizes the reader to use the library services from the day of validation in the library where it was purchased or validated.
1.3.4 The card for 6 or 12 months - bought for a higher fee - may be used in more libraries at the same time, that is season membership. Reader's card has to be validated before use.
1.3.5 Membership card is valid from the day of payment of renewal or at the first admission.
1.3.6 The following criteria are needed for the applicants; for registration / having a membership card they should be:
- adult Hungarian citizens with liability
- people - under the age of 18 or not liable - with the guarantee of the legal representative, who is able to pay in cash
- foreigners with a temporary or permanent residence permit
- a foreigner with a Hungarian ID card or with a certificate proving their being a kin of a Hungarian citizen
- other foreigners with the guarantee of a Hungarian citizen being able to pay in cash.
- a legal person with business premises in Hungary/within the EU; its existence and the names of the persons entitled to its representation should be verified with:
- a certificate of incorporation by the competent registry court - in the case of companies;
- an order by the venue which keep the foundations and social organizations on file - in the case of foundations and social organizations;
- a deed issued/certified by the founder of the institution - in the case of an institution.
1.4.1 Library use is free for:
– People under 16 (Act CXL/1997);
– people over 70 (Act CXL/1997);
– people with a certificate of heavy deficiency (verified by the family doctor or a specialist) (335/2009, XII.29. government decree),
– library staff members (6/2001, I.17. the regulation of the government),
– museum and archive staff members (6/2001, I.17. the regulation of the government)
– people having warrants by Hungarian State Treasury.
– for students over the age of 16 with a valid student card (6/2001, I.17. government regulation),
– people who receive regular social security benefits,
– people receiving child-care benefit,
- people receiving Early Childcare Supplement or other child benefits.
1.5 Documents must be presented as proof of eligibility for any discount.
1.6 At admission, registration, renewal, providing guarantee and when data are changed, particulars have to be verified by valid identifying document together with a portrait photo and an address card:
a) in the case of a natural person:
- name: family name, first name;
- mother’s name,
- date and place of birth,
- permanent and temporary address, residence or mailing address.
An address-card is necessary to identify the data of the person, under 14, with a membership card.
b) in the case of a legal person:
- name by the official deed;
- address of the domicile/headquarters;
- mailing address; phone number;
- names and positions of the persons entitled to representation;
- personal particulars of the representatives entitled to library use;
- the certified copy of specimen signatures.
1.7 In the case of some other services it is expedient to give other particulars such as email address and phone number (as well).
1.7.1 Discounts listed in items 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 are also valid for everyone with a Hungarian ID card or with a certificate proving their being a kin of a Hungarian citizen (319/2001 the regulation of the government)
1.8 Joined or registered readers should accept the prevailing rules by signing a statement. (Appendix No.2/1/a; b.)
1.9 People with heavy deficiencies may borrow documents by the person with single authorization - tenable for the validity of library membership -, who is charged with borrowing. The authorization can be withdrawn only in writing.
1.10 The surety, who is able to pay in cash, should make a single declaration of surety at the reader's joining. (Appendix No.2/2) Validity of the library card, obtained by the guarantee, ceases on the expiry day of the contract of the guarantee, after settling debts in the library. After completion of the age of 18, the user has personal responsibility.
1.11 Renewal of registration or an expired library card is valid from the day of payment of relevant fee.
1.12 The loss of the library card should be reported to the institution. The library takes no responsibility for the consequences of misuse before the loss is reported. Lost reader's cards can be replaced for a fee if they are still valid (item D of chapter II of Appendix No.6). Neither the identifying number of the reader's card nor the passwords of certain services can be handed over to a third person.
1.13 Users are entitled to look at their particulars.
1.14 Personal particulars are administered in conformity with the relevant rules.
2. Types of services
2.1 Services provided in the branch libraries are different depending on their capacities and conditions. Local services are recorded and can be read on the homepage (website) of the branch library.
2.2 The holdings of the library are available for on-site use.
2.3 Part of the collection - selected for that purpose -can be borrowed by readers having a library membership card and the collection of the library is made available for the members of other libraries by interlibrary loan.
2.4 Home delivery of the requested documents can be arranged by designated libraries for readers bound to their homes. (List of designated libraries - see Appendix No. 11)
2.5 The library can make copies about the units of its collection. The visitors also may copy considering the rules of copyright and respecting preservation of the collection.
2.6 Missing printed documents can be obtained upon users' requests through interlibrary loan. They are available from the Hungarian and foreign libraries and from other sources in the original or in copies.
2.7 The library provides the people with the information on the Hungarian and foreign library services.
2.8 As local services and remote service through the internet, the institution provides general and special information on the basis of its collection, catalogues, computer databases and external databases.
2.9 Bibliographies and other publications are published by the library.
2.10 It lends appliances to handicapped users to use the types of documents for a specific time.
2.11 It makes available to join the users' own devices (to) the Internet and power mains on designated places.
2.12 By an agreement, it provides complex library service for customer institutions - with the title to use all service areas.
2.13 Exhibitions, courses, lectures, public - cultural - events and (other) library programmes are offered.
2.14 On certain occasions, the library provides some places for activities of communal life.
3. Service structure
3.1 Services available free of charge by registration (basic services):
• to use documents and the technical appliances necessary to use them on the spot
• information about library services, collections and the library system
• to use catalogue (OPAC)
• free services accessible through the homepage (website) of the library, 0-24
3.2 Services available for an extra charge by registration:
• reprographic services, self-service photocopying (See the rules in details at 4.6. item. Fees can be found in VI chart of Appendix No. 6)
• internet use on the computers of the library (Fees can be found in I chart of Appendix No. 6)
• to take photos by own appliances (item I of VI chart of Appendix No. 6)
• to take part in the programmes made for users where the databases available (accessible) in the library are shown
3.3 Services available for an admission fee
Besides the services listed above (items 3.1 and 3.2), the following services are provided by the library:
• To borrow documents (See the rules in details at 4.2. item. Fees can be found in Chapter III of Appendix No. 6)
• Access to databases that can be used by password through the library network on the spot and by remote access
• to use the service of reference literature (specialized literaure) in the library and by remote service through the internet (email@example.com);
• Use of WiFi service for readers with a membership card, with own appliances and barcode in designated libraries for undetermined time in opening hours (See the list of libraries - where WiFi service is provided - in Appendix No. 12)
3.4 Services available for a handling fee only to library members having a membership card:
• to borrow audiovisual documents (DVDs, CDs, talking books) (Fees can be found in chart III of Appendix No. 6)
• interlibrary loan within the frame of the National Document Supply System (See the rules in details at 4.4. item. Fees can be found in item G of Chart III of Appendix No. 6)
• reservation service (See the rules in details at 4.3. item. Fees can be found in item R of Chart III of Appendix No. 6)
3.5 Services available without library membership or registration:
• Individual or group visit (guided tour) in the Central Library – for a fee (Fees can be found in Chart IX of Appendix No. 6)
• Participation in the programmes organized and announced to the public
Detailed regulations of services
4.1 Use on the premises:
a) The range of documents available only on the premises are determined by the branch libraries. (Conditions concerning use on the premises can be seen in Chart I of Appendix No.6 )
b) Use of library computers:
- Information on the conditions and fees can be found in item C of Chart I of Appendix No.6;
- Private technical devices connected to the electronic systems of the library may only be used at designated places.
c) Internet service is available in the libraries, but it is prohibited to use for:
- business matters;
- illegal actions;
- disturbing or hindering others' work.
d) Use of internet is restricted by regulations for people under the age of 18.
a) Valid library membership card is needed to borrow the documents. If the reader’s membership is valid for shorter time than loan time on the date of loan, the documents can be borrowed until the membership is valid.
b) The user acknowledges his/her borrowing by signing the voucher.
c) In the Central Library, the printed vouchers made by the system of circulation terminals for the documents checked in or checked out, have to be retained and the user has to make sure of the fact that the documents are checked in. When using the service of self-circulation, the printed vouchers are valid whether they are signed or not.
d) Documents may be borrowed if they are not restricted for on-site use.
e) You can use reader’s card for children (of the age 0-10) to borrow documents relevant to the interest of the age-group mentioned before, the ones reckoned among only the holdings of children’s library.
f) The groups of dailies, weeklies and journals for circulation are determined by the branch libraries. They can be borrowed for 2 weeks; loan time cannot be renewed.
g) The frequently requested books (so called success books) can be separated in the branch libraries. They can be borrowed for 2 weeks; loan time cannot be renewed.
h) For people with valid library membership card the printed documents (books, journals, music scores), instructional packages, talking books and slides can be borrowed free of charge. You should pay administrative costs for the other types of documents. Further information on the conditions and fees are in Chapter III of Appendix No.6.
i) People with disability of 67% or more – those of hard of hearing, the visually impaired or phisically handicapped - can borrow 2 items of any document free of charge once a week. Talking books and devices for playing them can be borrowed for two weeks. Conditions of loan of device are in item Q of Chapter III of Appendix No.6. Documents must be presented as proof of eligibility.(See 1.4.1)
j) The library staff and pensioners of the Metropolitan Ervin Szabó Library may borrow items without administrative costs.
k) The library gives usable documents and appliances to the readers, which are checked before taking back.
l) Renewing the due date can be done not more than twice either personally or by phone, e-mail or through the library portal until the membership is valid. It does not refer to the requested and reserved documents, the instructional packages and the ones which can be borrowed for a time shorter than four weeks.
m) Overdue charges should be paid if the documents and appliances (CD players, cassette recorders) are returned after the expiration date. The members or the guarantors (being able to pay in cash) are summoned by a registered warning letter to settle debts on the 18th calendar day counted from the day of expiration. It is on the 7th calendar day in the case of the appliances. On the 45th calendar day counted from the day of expiration, if reader’s e-mail address is given, the library sends the last warning concerning the start of warrant for payment and the expected expenses. n) If they are not taken back after warning, they are regarded as lost items and the library will take measures according to the Act L/2009, that is the procedure of the order to pay. On the 57th day, the library asks for notarial procedure of the order of payment to settle the damage relating to property (purchase price of the lost document and registration price of the appliance) and pay overdue charges. It also takes legal measures on the basis of judicial execution. Besides the overdue charges, the fees of procedures, notice and interest also must be paid by the reader/guarantor.
o) Overdue charges for the documents and appliances checked in after the expiry date should be paid by everyone regardless of any discount. The fines can be found in Chapter V of Appendix No. 6.
p) Borrowing materials from the library is impossible for readers having financial debts or unreturned documents/appliances. Overdue documents can be renewed up to the cost of HUF 1000 as debts.
q) Financial debts can be paid in any of the branches; debts of documents (unreturned documents) should be settled in the branch library where they were made.
r) If the document is lost or damaged, or the one with appendices is checked in incompletely, and it is not replaced with the same complete edition, the borrower has to pay for compensation and procedure. Information on fees and further rules can be found in Chapter IV of Appendix No.6.
s) The borrower can use the player appliances in compliance with their function and they cannot be passed over to others (third person). The borrower is responsible for all kinds of damage resulting from misuse, not in compliance with function and agreement. The costs of the operation should be paid by the borrowers. (Detailed conditions of the circulation of the appliances are in Appendix No. 7)
a) The required documents - except for documents with a loan period of less than two weeks - may be reserved for a fee of notice and procedure (item R of Chapter III in Appendix No.6).
b) Reservation can be made personally, by email or by remote service through web surface by catalogue system; its consideration is carried out till the next workday as the deadline.
c) Reserved documents are monitored till the time on reader’s request, or for not more than 2 months.
d) When the reserved documents are returned, the branch libraries notify the readers - on their requests - by mail or e-mail.
e) The documents are retained for 5 days following the notification, after that it lapses.
f) Reservations are satisfied in the order of requirements.
4.4 Interlibrary loan
a) Availability of documents lacking in the branch libraries are ensured by interlibrary loan based on the system of the National Document Supply System, providing access to documents through nationwide records of sources.
b) If the required document is not in stock, the library informs the readers on the source if it can do so. In addition, it may propose interlibrary loan (on demands).
c) The fees of documentum delivery (packing, postal charge) must be paid by the reader. (Fees can be found at item G in Chapter III of Appendix No. 6)
d) If required document is delivered in digital form, the costs of scanning must be paid. (Fees can be found in item I of Chapter VI of Appendix No. 6)
e) Conditions of interlibrary loan (how to use the lent documents etc.) are determined by the supplying institution. If the document can only be sent in copies, the expenses of copying must be paid by the reader. The photocopies have to be ordered in writing.
f) The requested document may be taken out within 8 days counted from its arrival; the cost of noticing and loan fee by providing library must be paid by the readers.
4.5 Interlibrary loan among the branches of the Metropolitan Ervin Szabó Library
a) Missing documents can be required by the inner circulation system of the branch libraries.
b) Required documents are sent to the asking library within 20 working days, counted from availability. c) It is for a fee which has to be paid when the documents are requested (See item F of Chart III of Appendix No.6).
d) In the case of those documents which can only be sent in copies (they cannot be borrowed), the costs of copying must be paid by the readers.
a) Documents may be copied for a fee using the equipment of the library, in the branches where photocopiers are provided; the exceptions are listed in Appendix No. 10. Information on the fees can be found in Chapter VI of Appendix No.6.
b) Copies can be made only for personal use, except for item c).
c) Not for personal use, copies can be made only in the case of documents out of copyright and/or protected documents - in order to publish -; a special permission from the library is needed to photocopy, and a fee has to be paid. It depends on the pieces, the type, the purchase price of the documents and purpose of use. The way and extent of copying may be restricted due to the value and state of the document or for other reasons considering the protection of the collection.
d) The photocopies can be required on the service places of the library or as remote service, for a fee paid in advance.
4.7 Information and research work
The library provides general and special information service on request; it also provides (literature) research for a fee. Information on fees can be found in Chart VIII of Appendix No. 6.
a) The library must make out an invoice for the name of the library members (with or without a library card) in the case of using services for a fee and/or of other payment.
b) An automatically generated invoice in PDF format is given by Corvina integrated library system to readers who use services for a fee in case of remote payment. It is available on the surface of „Remote Use" on the website of the Metropolitan Ervin Szabó Library after individual login.
c) In case of financial settlement only the printed version of the invoice can be used.
d) The original invoices for the settlement (accounting) can be received in printed version in the branches of the Metropolitan Ervin Szabó Library, too.
When the rules above come into force (1st January 2017), the previous Rules for Use are invalidated.